Why A Kids’ YouTube Channel?
In recent years, YouTube has made it far safer for kids to spend countless hours on their platform. So how can you utilize a kids YouTube channel as an influencer?
As an example of a new YouTube Kids channel, check out JB and Sam!
Benefits of a YouTube Kids Channel
- Major watch time benefits. Have you ever watched a kid use YouTube? They will sit and watch it (or leave it running) for hours at a time. So having a kid’s YouTube channel is a great idea to get your 4,000 hours to monetize.
- Relatively easy to create. Some shows only have talking and screen recording of a video game. Others have simple crafting ideas with supplies and the building process. There’s no need for a big budget or a large amount of time to make this type of YouTube channel content.
- Loyal audience. Once you find the right niche, you can easily replicate similar material for repeat viewers.
To get started, go to your Brand Accounts section in your Google account.
After you create your new Brand Account, select to build your new channel. (If you want to upload videos longer than 15 minutes, make sure you verify your account with your phone number.)
Upload consistent imagery for your logo and banner in order to help your audience recognize your brand.
Finally, make sure that you upload your first video and use the proper SEO strategy to add:
- A great video title
- A meaningful and SEO friendly description
- Eye-catching thumbnail
- Relevant and competitive tags
- ***Mark your video as Made For Kids*** (This allows your video to show up on the YouTube Kids app in addition to regular YouTube.)
A Note on Monetization
With videos made specifically for kids or by kids (there is some flexibility for gaming channels in designation), you will not be able to promote specific advertisements for kids. However, you can still monetize your channel, so don’t let that put you off.
Ideas for Content
Kids love to watch certain genres. but the following are the best categories to get started with.
- Gaming – you don’t even need a camera to create these. Just screen record your phone and plug in some headphones to get started!
- Crafts – kids love simple crafts, especially back to school hacks!
- Funny Videos – creating a funny, kid safe channel is incredibly invaluable, especially if you utilize the magnetic power of cats.
- Pets – funny or not, kids love to watch animals interact with humans.
Get creative and have fun! Don’t get discouraged about the vast quantity of videos already out there. Everyone loves new material, especially if done well.
Best of luck!